Author Topic: 2k Competitive Pure Blood Angels (Post-CA)  (Read 157 times)

mathiasa

• View Profile
2k Competitive Pure Blood Angels (Post-CA)
« on: December 20, 2018, 04:49:12 AM »
So this is the list I've been looking at for pure Blood Angels after the changes that came with Chapter Approved:

- Intercessors and scouts were solidified as our core troops (RIP tacs).

- Mephiston has been replaced by an arguably tougher and harder hitting Librarian Dreadnought.

- Sicaran Battle Tanks have always been a good choice for us but until recently I didn't have the funding for more than one of them. In their cheapest loadout they can put out 9 Str 5 -1AP shots in addition to the big gun on top which is very strong at dealing with any Aeldari threat such as hemlocks/shining spears etc. That same gun is also an ASSAULT weapon, meaning it is a very mobile tank which is always good.

- Basic dreadnoughts were also massive winners in CA. Getting two lascannons and a Missile launcher on an 8 wounds, T7 platform for only 120pts is an absolute bargain. It offers what I think our chapter severely lacks- Long-range anti-armour. These will be an auto-include in every list I make moving   forward.

- Vanguard veterans have been made significantly more competitive by the reduction in points for storm shields on non-characters in addition to reductions in both power fists and relic blades and as such have taken over the "hammer-unit" role that DC or Sanguinary Guard have previously filled.

- Some of our characters had had serious points reductions. Dante, The Sanguinor, Astorath, Lemartes and the Sanguinary Ancient are the most notable of these. I chose Astorath for this list because for 105 points hes an absolute steal given his more than reasonable loadout and abilities. Him and the Sanguinary Ancient will be used to buff the large VV squad giving them rerolls and extra resilience due to the relic banner. Astoraths "Mass of Doom" ability is also a nice trump card to use on something like a knight that you really want dead as it counter-acts the powerfists "unwieldy" on the VV squad.

Overall I am very happy with this list. It has a reasonable number of bodies, a good amount of shots for screen clearence, some solid anti-armour firepower, some psychic presence with the Libby dread and includes some very solid "hammer-units" that take advantage of our Chapter's true strength (Slam Captains, VV bomb+character support). The list is also quite mobile for playing the mission.

Balance is key to a good list and I don't think it can get much more balanced than list in a "Pure" list.

What do you guys think?

NB. I will likely fill the last 5pts of the list by giving the Sanguinary Ancient a plasma pistol and death mask...Bringing the list to 1999pts in total.

pAgAn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: 2k Competitive Pure Blood Angels (Post-CA)
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2019, 09:42:35 AM »
This is my new Chapter Approved list.

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Imperium - Blood Angels) [65 PL, -3CP, 1013pts] ++
Armoury of Baal [-3CP]: 2 additional Relics of Baal
+ HQ +
Captain [6 PL, 124pts]: Jump Pack, Storm shield, The Hammer of Baal (replaces thunder hammer), Thunder hammer
Chaplain [6 PL, 90pts]: 2. Artisan of War, Bolt pistol, Jump Pack, The Angel's Wing (replaces jump pack), Warlord
+ Troops +
Intercessor Squad [5 PL, 89pts]: Auxiliary grenade launcher, Bolt rifle, 4x Intercessor. Intercessor Sergeant: Power sword
Intercessor Squad [5 PL, 89pts]: Auxiliary grenade launcher, Bolt rifle, 4x Intercessor. Intercessor Sergeant: Power sword
+ Elites +
Sanguinary Ancient [6 PL, 80pts]: Inferno pistol, Power fist, Standard of Sacrifice
Sanguinary Guard [20 PL, 272pts] 8 x Sanguinary Guard: Plasma pistol, Power fist
Tartaros Terminator Squad [12 PL, 180pts] Tartaros Sergeant: Grenade harness Ranged/melee weapons: Plasma blaster, Power sword, 4 x Tartaros Terminator Ranged/melee weapons: Combi-bolter, Power fist
++ Vanguard Detachment +1CP (Imperium - Blood Angels) [58 PL, 987pts] ++
+ HQ +
Lieutenants [4 PL, 62pts]
. Lieutenant: Chainsword, Storm bolter
+ Elites +
Redemptor Dreadnought [10 PL, 156pts]: Macro plasma incinerator, Onslaught gatling cannon. Two storm bolters: 2x Storm bolter
Redemptor Dreadnought [10 PL, 156pts]: Macro plasma incinerator, Onslaught gatling cannon. Two storm bolters: 2x Storm bolter
Relic Deredeo Dreadnought [14 PL, 222pts]: Anvillus autocannon battery, Atomantic pavaise, Twin heavy bolter
+ Heavy Support +
Rapier Carrier [4 PL, 76pts]: 2x Space Marine Gunner. Rapier Carrier: Quad heavy bolter
Relic Leviathan Dreadnought [16 PL, 315pts]: 2x Heavy flamer, 3x Hunter-killer missile, Storm cannon array. Leviathan siege claw: Meltagun

++ Total: [123 PL, -3CP, 2000pts] ++
« Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 10:25:17 AM by pAgAn »